It's beginning to feel a lot like FALL

Saturday, October 22, 2011
I hope you sang that title. I definitely was in my head. Fall has finally arrived in South Texas and the weather has been cooperating every few days or so. I cannot believe that October is almost over already! Last weekend Matty and I made the trek up to Dallas and took our engagement pictures with our friend Brent and his lovely wifey Lauren assisting. Even though we are goofy and kind of awkward and not into PDA at all, I think we got some really fun shots and am super excited to see how they turned out. We even snuck Mollie in on a few shots, the little ham. After our afternoon photo sesh we quickly changed and then drove up to Colleyville for our friends Sarah and Sean's wedding. They were adorably over the moon the entire evening and it made me even more excited for the day that I'll be the one up there saying my vows to become Mrs. Davis. Also, I'm absolutely jealous that the new Mr. and Mrs. West are lounging it up on my fave island, Maui. Enjoy guys, y'all definitely deserve it.


In less envious news, this next weekend Matthew and I will continue one of my favorite fall traditions, our annual visit to the Texas Renaissance Festival in Todd Mission. We made sure to plan our visit for one of the more exciting theme weekends because somehow we always end up going on the lame ones like Roman Bacchanal (sp?) or Viking Invasion. This year we are going for Halloween for the first time and I am super excited! We'll see if Matt gets chosen for another starring role in the Dead Bob Show this year. He hopes not, but I thought it was so cool!


And in more personal new, back in September I started a weight loss plan. Again. But for real this time. Because with less than a year until we tie the knot, I want to look back and be happy with how I look in our wedding pictures and not cringe at them. So I bit the bullet (and forked over quite a bit of money, yeesh) and now a little over a month into my program I'm down.... 22 lbs. Yay! Still have about five months to go and lots more lbs, but it's nice feel my clothes fitting baggy and buying a size smaller. With wedding dress shopping looming on the horizon I am happy with my progress so far. I had thought that I didn't really want to go public with the weight issue, but I think it does help to hold me accountable. Just like having Matt around to make sure I don't break down and eat a cookie. or icecream. or pizza.

0 comments:

Post a Comment